Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Gallery - Shoes

There are a couple of pictures I would like to share with you for Tara's prompt Shoes on The Gallery.

One is a picture taken of me back in 1970, parading on the boards in my mummy's shoes while we were on holiday. It isn't the most flattering child shot of yours truely but it takes pride of place up on my daughters bedroom wall so should rightly be here for your enjoyment. Check out my mini dress!

mummy's shoes


The other picture is of the most expensive shoes I have ever bought. Not earth shatteringly expensive but pricey enough for me then and certainly for me now. They are my wedding shoes. I wear them whenever I can get away with it and I hope are timeless enough that I'll still be getting away with it in many years to come. I want to get my money's worth you see.

wedding shoes


Now hop over to Sticky Fingers for more entries into this weeks Gallery.

13 comments:

  1. Your wedding shoes are gorgeous I'd take any opportunity to wear them too!

    I'm sure all kids have a photo wearing a huge pair of shoes, your smile is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of you as a child...clomping around in mummy's shoes is something I remember doing too! Beautiful wedding shoes...get your money's worth at every opportunity! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so cute! Love your wedding shoes too - such a wise choice. So elegant and fitting for many an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cuties you were and those wedding shoes are fab! very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of you a little girl, can't believe that was 1970! The shoes look like shoes you could buy today! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww very cute pic in your mummy's shoes! Loving your wedding shoes - so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pics. Little girl playing at being Mummy - so cute. And lovely wedding shoes x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both photos are great. Love the look on your face in the first one, and your wedding shoes are simply gorgeous... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of you as a youngun is utterly gorgeous, I love it. Also, your wedding shoes are stunning - I'd be wearing them all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to have wedding shoes that are ok for other occasions too. Hope there are lots of special days for you to where them in the future.
    First pic is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the picture of you as a little girl - super cute! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wedding shoes. And very cute picture of you as a child - I do love those kids in grown-up shoes shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look as excited as I do when I try Mummy's shoes on!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)