I absolutely love Ferrero Rocher so when a friend of mine gave me a box for my birthday I could not have been happier. I must have previously bored her with my love of retro confectionery so it was in no way a naff present. It was perfect.
We then got talking about how you eat yours and I was amazed to discover that not everyone knows how to eat a Ferrero Rocher. I mean, some people don't even know that you nibble the chocolate off a Kit Kat first, or eat the caramel off the top of a Twix before eating the biscuit! Astonishing! However I did learn that you should always peel the chocolate off the top of a Tunnocks teacake to reveal the perfect marshmallow dome of sweetness, thus proving you are never too old to learn something new.
That said, I feel it is absolutely necessary to instruct the nation the on the correct way to eat a Ferrero Rocher before any more chocolates come to a wasteful, eaten in one, end.
- Ensure Ferrero Rocher is at room temperature.
- Carefully remove foil wrapper and smooth out to form a perfect silver square*
- Nibble outer chocolate and hazelnut casing taking care not to damage the wafer shell beneath.**
- Separate two halves of wafer shell by gently opening at join. **
- Lick out praline from one half of shell (preferably the half that does not contain the hazelnut).
- Eat that half shell allowing wafer to dissolve on the tongue.
- Lick out second half of shell reserving hazelnut to crunch on last.
- Repeat stage 6 with second half of wafer.
- Lick fingers.
* In case of a ripped foil wrapper, reserve a foil wrapper from a previous chocolate to substitute.
** If at any point the wafer shell breaks, consume remaining Ferrero Rocher whole and start again.
Just in case I missed the memo on how to eat a Jaffa Cake, please feel free to educate me how you eat your confectionery.
Love this! You always have such original posts. Got to ask though what's the cool app that reminds me off the old flick books I used to make at school???ReplyDelete
You did not just lick the insides out of a Ferrero Rocher?? So keeping the choccies to myself in 2 weeks time ;)ReplyDelete