Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Gallery - Light

I have so many photographs of sunsets and one or two of sunrises (on those rare occasions when I am up of my own volition not having to see to the needs of a small person) and they are pretty, the colours, the LIGHT! Wow, the light. I surprise myself that I have actually managed to capture the beauty of the sky with its array of yellows, oranges pinks and reds.

But it is actually a picture I took of Misty Moo a week or two ago that I want to share.

Sunlight on dogs ears

I love her fur. She is short-haired (moults like mad contrary to what I had previously believed about short haired dogs) and gorgeously ginger. Technically she is tan but ginger suits her better. Her fur is so soft and if you smell the top of her head, right there, between her ears, she smells of digestive biscuits. Yes, I know it is mad. You expected it to be ginger biscuits, didn't you?

This photo, I think shows off her fur to perfection with the sunlight catching the top of her head and reflecting off her coat. She was sunning herself in the garden when I sneaked up behind her to take this.

Then, of course, I had to nuzzle the top of her head.

Pop over to Sticky fingers and see how other bloggers have interpreted the prompt of Light for this weeks Gallery.




15 comments:

  1. I like that both the words andpictures. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww beautiful. What a lovely head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww lovely take on this weeks theme! Gorgeous photo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd quite like to go in for a nuzzle myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to have a stroke now! A beautiful colour and I bet she is an adorable dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her fur looks lovely. Love the way the lights catches at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! And not at all what I was expecting to see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Even from the back you can just tell she is a very sweet dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just makes me want to cuddle her x

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww how lovely, I love how light can make dogs fur so clear in photos :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this photo - she looks gorgeous - so soft. I just want to reach out and stroke her!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)