I am going to BritMums Live, as are lots of other bloggers. This is the first blogging event I have attended and am feeling the pressure to be organised, efficient and productive to make the most of this brilliant opportunity.
In preparation I have written myself a check list of things to do. I keep thinking of more things to add to it but as it stands today I thought it would be helpful to other bloggers who are attending.
*insert tongue in cheek*
So here is my/your BritMums Live check list.
- Write blog post about BritMums Live preparation. (Always got to write something on a to-do list you can tick off immediately).
- Decide what to wear and blog about retail therapy highs. *basks in self congratulation*
- Book train tickets.
- Book hotel.
- Hair cut and colour. Or buy a hat. Would it look odd to wear a hat at a conference? Possibly not at a Hat Conference. Research Hat Conferences.
- Nails. Grow some and then adorn with varnish.
- Tan. From a bottle, sadly. Damn British weather.
- Lose 7lbs. Through diet. Or amputation.
- Choose which workshops to attend between cake binges where 7lbs will be put back on, not through limb reattachment. Or clone self
- List of 'Must meet' bloggers. The shortlist is very long. I'm thinking speed-dating for bloggers.
- Charge camera battery. Remind myself of this 12 hours prior to departure.
- Remember to remove battery from charger and insert into camera.
- Clear memory card. Yeah right. Buy new memory card.
- Purchase new notebook and pen. Any excuse to feed my stationery habit.
- Business cards. *checks date* Plan B: scribble my blog name onto each sheet of a jotters notebook, tear off and distribute as needed. Although I do have a business card case.
- Kick nerves into touch. (i.e. purchase 4 pack of Gin in a Tin for the train).
- Buy a ticket for BritMums Live. Now wouldn't that have been a joke if I'd forgotten to do that! Hah!
- Check location of venue and hotel and routes from station, via hotel to venue.
- Arrange to meet a friend to go in with. Open to offers ;-)
How are your preparations going?