Wednesday 1 May 2013

Me by Me

You can count on one hand the number of photos on this blog that are of me. This is mainly because I am usually behind the camera. It may also have something to do with preferring to be behind the camera. I don't have a particular phobia about my photos it's just that in my opinion it takes a lot of shots to get my 'good' side.

I needed a photo for an application form the other day and I was genuinely struggling to even find a photo, let alone one that I felt happy with. I did find several on my mobile phone taken by the children but me peeling potatoes, from behind, from three foot off the floor was never going to be my good side.

It is coming up to Britmums live and it would be nice if someone recognised me and said hello. It is so embarrassing doing all the hellos and having someone stare at you blankly! So to double the number of photos of me on the blog I give you not one but five. I think they all show a different side to me, a different aspect of my personality, but not entirely sure that any of them are my good side.

In truth, I was trying to find an angle that didn't accentuate my sagging jawline. How is it that I still feel 24 yet my passport says I can add two decades to that? Pesky passport.


Self portrait

So there you are. This is me.
And next time, I may even take a self portrait after I've put on some makeup!

Joining in with Sticky Fingers and the theme of Self Portrait for The Gallery.


TheGallery

39 comments:

  1. These are lovely - you look beautiful - really interesting portraits. I love the dreaming shot. It will be lovely to see you again this year at Britmums! X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaay you have shown yourself!!! how lovely to meet you and i think you look beautiful! now i can recognise you at Britmums (hopefully!!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your avatar and your photo on your post look so different! I hope I will recognise you x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. I love that you've labelled all of your looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought of a few few more since ;-)

      Delete
  4. I want to know what you were scheming!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always scheming something. never actually do anything about it mind you!

      Delete
  5. Lovely natural portraits! I too will recognise you at BritMums now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on my list of 'must meet' bloggers!

      Delete
  6. Great self-portraits and nice post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love this and your photos are beautiful! if i had to send off a picture for an interview i think i would melt down! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous photos - you don't need make up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I very much do as I can't walk round with a clever picmonkey filter over my face!

      Delete
  9. You don't need make-up! I look at these and see amazing eyebrows (wow, such great arches), a face with so much character, wisdom, cheekiness and stories to tell. I love the way your hair falls, curling at your jaw bone and the natural glow of pink in your cheeks. My favs are wistful and dreaming - but they are wonderful together as a collage - what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes*
      Thank you so much. I have more than a natural glow going on now.
      *blushes some more*

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photo's! You look gorgeous in all of them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! You look stunning without the make up missus :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you don't need make up Mrs! You lovely bloody lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wonders of picmonkey filters sadly cannot be applied in real life :-)

      Delete
  13. These are beautiful, love the knowing one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello pretty lady! Just what are you scheming...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Something that will probably never come to fruition ;-)

      Delete
  15. Fab photos! I wish I looked that good without make-up! I shall try and commit that face/those faces to memory so I can come up and say hi at Britmums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to meeting you. I will know your hair x

      Delete
  16. Love the dreaming one, beautiful light, angle, and subject :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh hello lovely you! I'm so glad you took the plunge and put these up, I'll definitely be saying hello if I spot you at BritMums! Gorgeous pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make an effort to take more selfies with the children too.

      Delete
  18. I like wistful. A lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm like you and don't like to put photos of myself out there but these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to take the plunge but I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  20. This is probably the best and most honest self portrait I have seen. Every angle is beautiful and really shows you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the wistful one, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super pictures I love the Wistful one x

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)