2011 was alright, I suppose.
It was the year:
- of the birth of my Blog so that's to be celebrated.
- of the demise of half my wardrobe. Falling to bits, wearing thin or too small. So I'm looking forward to a bit of a wardrobe splurge in the very near future.
- the Wee One learnt to walk and talk (god help me).
- that I learnt I could survive on my own with three kids while the Mr worked away.
- that I learnt I can no longer get away without dying my hair, wearing makeup, and the generous use of anti-wrinkle cream.
- when 11.11.11 happened.
- when there was no February 29th so no one proposed to me. Just as well or the Mr wouldn't have been too chuffed.
- I went to London to meet a group of Twitter/Blogger 'friends' and didn't pass out with nerves.
- I took more photos than ever before.
- I discovered Picnik mwhahaha.
- I didn't go to cybermummy or blogcamp or anything *stamps foot* which will definitely be remedied in 2012.
- I dragged the kids out a lot this summer in an attempt to keep them occupied and not to drive me up the walls. It was a great success and we all stayed sane. A major achievement.
- I turned thrifty which was mostly out of necessity but many of the things I now do I would continue even if by some small miracle we were to become loaded.
- I made things: Dresses for Princess, lavender bags, candles, garlands, cakes.
- I decided that I wanted to write and I am not that bad at it.
- I wrote a blog post every day for a month with NaBloPoMo. Blogher are at it again in January (er tomorrow) and I am thinking about it...
Starts tomorrow so I reckon I'll find out very soon.
Happy New Year to you all xxx
Happy New year to you too!ReplyDelete
It was the year we discovered Picnik. That's, like, the highlight of my year. I would call myself an EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHER now. Fo sho.ReplyDelete
Nice to have 'met' you. Hope to do it for real in 2012 :) HNY! X