Tuesday 13 December 2011

Snap Slappers - Week 5

I really should get on with preparing for Christmas.

How many sleeps to go? Answer: not enough!

But the problem is I just keep being distracted by photos. I have spent hours going back through my photographic archives (when I managed to find them) and I could improve every single one of them if I had the time, by tweaking and adjusting and playing with effects. I just LOVE it. And to make matters even worse I've started playing with photoshop too. There is so much you can do with it, but it is significantly more compicated and as I haven't quite sussed it yet I'll save you from my painful endeavours for the time being.

The subject of my photo fiddling this week is a sculpture I found at Burghley Sculpture Gardens in the summer. As is the norm, here is the before picture which managed to adopt a strange tint to it.


 And then I added a couple of effects (I can't actually remember which ones, it was all a holga, tint blur).


Now it is your turn.

Grab the badge below and add you photos to the linky and share the picnik love :)


Five Go Blogging Snap Slappers



5 comments:

  1. What a surreal sculpture, made more so by your fiddling. I'd get back to the artist and tell them you've impoved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic this week missus. I like the tint on the original too. And the holga has added so much drama to the mossy wall in the Picniked version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think the sculptor would love that picture, the effects work really well! Very arty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,I love that Statue. Love the edit you have done on it,the colours look very natural and earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you got onto animating pictures yet? That is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)