Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Gallery - Friends

A lovely theme from Tara at Sticky Fingers for the Gallery.

Friends. I have a few close friends but I am not a collector of friends in the facebook sense. I love my friends, someone to share with, smile with and moan with should the need arise. I am however the worst at keeping in touch. I admit it and recognise my failings. I don't have friends from childhood that I am still in touch with which saddens me but I moved with my family several times through my school years and life happens and you lose touch. Particularly if you are me. Rubbish friend. Don't have me as a friend.

The Mr however is still very close to a friend that he made in his first years at school. They have been through a lot together. They have known each other for coming up 40 years (he will hate me for saying that). Can you imagine that? I can't, but I see how valued they are to each other as friends and I hope that in years to come they will still be friends, comparing cars, standing at the bar and giggling at each others jokes and discussing what their grandchildren are up to!

The Big One has a couple of special friends, one of which is the Mr's best friend's son. They have known each other since birth, they have hardly ever argued, they have been on holiday together and had sleepovers. They live miles apart so are not at school together but they consider each other as best friends. The Big One calls his friend his 'zero-eth' friend because he is better than a first best friend. Logical and lovely.

Here are the two generations of best friends. I hope it will always be so.


For more reflections about friends, go to the Gallery.


.

6 comments:

  1. Awww how lovely is that...2 generations of friends! Fab photo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that dads and boys both friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing photo and I'm sure you're not a rubbish friend, life just gets in the way sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just a beautiful photo how lovely your husband has such a good friend and so does your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo to reflect two generations of friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)