Wednesday 16 May 2012

Morning Cuppa



Morning cup of tea - Earl grey tea
Photo edited using LittlePhoto App for Android

Earl Grey is a gentleman, dark, smokey and intriguing with his hint of bergamot to add a little spice. He is strong enough to rouse me yet playful on the senses. I find I prefer him with just a smidgin of sugar gently stirred into his dark depths. His wife, Lady Grey, is altogether more flighty with her dashes of orange and lemon, but on high days and holidays she will do, adding a zesty tingle to my faltering morning step. I hear they have a daughter who has been frolicing in the lavender bushes but I wonder if that is like drinking tea in the bath or if it's gentle fragrance envelopes you in a comforting hug like Grandma used to. She has sisters too, Blossom and Jasmine, who I'm sure could lull me into a peaceful afternoon nap, with the sound of children playing in the distance. Perhaps the teaspoon stirring the tea in the pot may then waken me once again from my slumber....

BRIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

What? where? who? *wipes sleep from eyes*

Wow that was a vivid dream!

Now where's my tea?

I am joining in with Tara's theme of Morning for The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers.

20 comments:

  1. I think that must be the first time the write up has impressed me more than the photo! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to post lady grey to a friend in Germany. I love earl grey in the afternoon. Jasmine after a heavy meal but in the morning a need good old English breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sooooo with you on the Earl Grey - My favourite tea! Love your description - fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love an early morning earl grey - quietly, on my own, contemplating.

    Clever photo editing!

    Lesley x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like an Earl Grey every so often. It's a very mentholy type tea I find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Please may I have that picture for above my desk??? My absolute favourite tea - and I have bucket of it next to me at this very moment x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, tea...where would we be without it! Love the sketch effect too, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant write-up! Is that your mug - where is it from, I soooo need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was brilliant missus! I enjoyed that somewhat unusual take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic picture, love the processing, oh and I *LOVE* that mug!

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is indeed a brilliant post! But then your writing always impresses me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! I cannot function without my tea in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Earl Grey, but I'm especially partial to the Redbush variety made by Dragonfly teas.

    Before I was pregnant, I hated tea. Then I found that coffee made me nauseous and I suddenly liked our infamous English brew. My son is nearly two now, but I still enjoy tea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you had me at Earl Grey. Now, blog about Chai Tea Latte and I'll do anything! ;) Fab pic BtW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your post - very clever! The photo is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband likes Erl Grey, but only at night time. I hate all tea though!Have to say that is a fab photo too !

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can't beat a nice cuppa, especially with some toast :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant post and such a great take on this weeks theme! I don't often indulge in a cup of Early Grey but is is nice x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! I do love a good cup of tea first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)