Wednesday 30 January 2013

What I am made of

I spotted this in my google reader yesterday courtesy of likecool.com, the home of all things geeky and cool.



It made me think (briefly) about what I am made of.

And here is the output from that brain dump:


3.2% domesticaphobe
5.5% sewist/craftist
5.6% photographer
6.1% cook
6.7% ranty parent trying to keep the little darlings in line
11.9% bottom wiper, nose blower, tear drier, convincing sympathetic listener whilst posting on instagram simultaneously
17.2% wife and convincing sympathetic listener whilst posting on instagram simultaneously
43.8% Ninja mummy who would eradicate anyone or anything that came even close to hurting my babies so don't even think about it.

Because the bond that exists between my children and I has got stronger each day, which makes it pretty darn strong considering it was up there in the Strong Things List the day they were born. As much as I moan and whinge about their less-than-perfect behaviour, their bickering and the sea of toys to be negotiated just to have a bath, they are the most important and precious things in my world and they fill my heart (whilst reserving a little bit of space for the Mr).

family



Joining in with The Gallery and the theme of 'Bond' at Sticky Fingers.


15 comments:

  1. Ahhh so lovely - its true, no matter how much they wind you up and test your patience they are so so special (With a bit of space for the Mr ofcourse :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant fully understand the bond between parent and child until you have children of your own and understand you really would do anything for them

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post... children are the most annoyingly LOVABLE things ever created

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous picture... Lovely words as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! The bond between children and mum, I think, is one of the strongest - whether the kids like it or not lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully put. MIne drive me billy bonkers, but wouldn't have it any other way. Lovely photo too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely picture of you all! I completely agree that despite the chaos of parenting the love is ever lasting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved, loved, loved this post, and fabulous photo to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Like the term Ninja Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely thoughts, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant post and one I can identify with so much (although I would swap the order of photographer and domesticaphobe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photo, I think we have to put up with the not so perfect behaviour so when it is we get to revel in it for a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely picture of the 4 of you. In awe of you getting one where everyone is smiling and looking at the camera, super job! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post, and such a happy picture

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous family photo and a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)