- Your children suddenly wake earlier than they have done in the last 6 months rendering any hope of a lie-in null and void.
- Gin consumption increases. Substantially.
- As does chocolate consumption.
- The fridge is permanently empty...
- ... as is the fuel tank of the car from all the ferrying to and from friends...
- ... and so is your bank account.
- It rains when you plan a day out to the beach.
- It's 30 degrees when you plan a trip to the soft play center.
- Your previously happy-to-play-together children, refuse to play happily together.
- You let the children fight and don't intervene believing that this is an essential life skill, and you can't be arsed.
- You buy craft supplies in bulk...
- ... and borrow craft books from the library.
- Your recycling bin is full of your kids craft creations.
- You know exactly how many days it is till they are back at school.
- You have watched all the DVDs in the house 3 times over and it isn't even lunch time yet.
- You make enquiries for meals on wheels.
- You are actively looking for an Au Pair.
- You are actively looking for full time employment.
- The kids complain that they don't want to go to the park AGAIN.
- The ducks erect a sign politely requesting no more bread.
- Your facebook timeline is full of families lying about having fun...
- ... and pictures of their kids craft creations and baking acheivements.
- You have looked at your watch 15 times and it still only 9.30am.
- All your children get ill, staggered throughout the summer break.
- There is less traffic on the roads but you have nowhere to get to.
- Price of ice cream goes up.
- The old school shoes fit right up till the day before returning to school.
- Back to school stuff is on sale but when you remember, it will be sold out of any size you need.
What have I missed? And can I plagiarise your ideas for Part 2?
Ha ha this made me laugh! At least soft play is empty when its 30 degrees though :-)ReplyDelete
I like this list, although I am lucky that my kids (at the moment) have been staying in bed!ReplyDelete
That made me laugh ... thankfully Little A is still a pre-schooler, but I have this all to come. Love the photo!ReplyDelete
Nope youve pretty much got it all sewn up right here!ReplyDelete
Yep, agree with a lot of those. I have inexplicably started looking for work these last few days, and now I realise this is perfectly normal, so thank you. Also, the 4yo has caught a 'highly contagious' virus with a ten day incubation period. I make that at least another 30 days of living in a sick house. FabaroonyReplyDelete