Monday 10 September 2012

Up up and away

We have very sweet kind and generous neighbours who thoughtfully brought us some paper lanterns for The Princess to celebrate her first day of school.

We waited until Saturday night to release them so she could stay up a little later than normal so it was dark enough to see their flame pass above the rooftops.

I intended to take a photo but someone* had switched my phone to video and I caught this moment (literally a moment so don't blink) just after take off.


We watched it float across the sky, in the direction of her school and we decided we would look for it on the playing field today certain that it would have come down there. We didn't find it.  So she decided it had landed at her old nursery by mistake.

*the Big One

Joining in with Mobile Monday over at CakesPhotoLife

CakesPhotosLife

3 comments:

  1. Fab! I love those paper lanterns! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoroughly lovely idea :) How sweet and kind of your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love seeing those floating through the sky :D

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)